Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just a few potential upgrades...

Spent some time thinking, and noodling out some of the kinks. I think I can boost the range on the system by building an array of IR-LED's. Granted this'll probably no longer fit in those spiffy glasses (At least without some serious mod. Still worth thinking about though.) Yet that'll fit kinda neatly into my plans. I'll be demo-ing the system tonight down in Geneseo hopefully w/ a projector rather than with my laptop.

So I'm also thinking about mounting them in a Cyclops-esque visor, simply for cool factor that and it'll leave me room to add additional components. Also contemplating (purely for form, no function at all) adding "bouncing" red LEDs for that Cylon feel.

On top of all that, I'm looking at either eye tracking, or finger tracking, ideally both. I'm going to have to look more into that.

But today's project is to double the range on the head tracking. I've got the schematics all sketched out, now all I need to do is buy the parts.

Parts List:
1 9V clip
6 IR LED's
1 15 ohm resistor (should be 18, but 15 should be OK)
1 breadboard
1 push button switch
1 pack misc lengths wire.

Total cost: <$20 (at radio shack)

No comments: