Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Success!

Well this has to have been the easiest part. Even with my un-optomized version, I have a working proto-type. The range on the IR sensor can't be more than a yard or two, and getting the blue-tooth to reliably recognize the Wii-Mote is still proving a bit challenging. But we have a working proto-type. I figure a trip to Radioshack at lunch tomorrow on my break aught to give me the parts to up the output on the LED's (Hrm... perhaps if I use a block of 4 instead of a single one it'll increase the range, thus letting me hook the system up to a projection system...) But I'll lay it out now.

1). Wii Mote : Cost: $40
2). Misc. Parts from Radio Shack $15
3). Blue Tooth Dongle for PC $30

Final cost for project: 85 + tax.

Now if you could've waited, or shopped around a bit more you might've been able to save a few bucks (or if you own a mac with blue tooth already built in *grumble grumble*) but I wanted it now. So now some time will go into optomizing the throw length as that'll be required for the next phase. Finger tracking!

No comments: